Friday, September 14, 2012

Lesson planning fun!

I've caught the lesson planning bug. I'm almost worried that my first few therapy sessions will be super cool and then I'll lose excitement and be the worst SLP ever. But, so far, lesson ideas just keep coming.

I've been bouncing ideas off my friends and pinteresting up a storm. I love the idea of collaborating for lessons... you just get such good ideas that way. So lately, my friend Holly and I had been brainstorming together about using kid bowling sets in our sessions. My only concern was finding a kid bowling set that was cheap and cute. Well, today I was at lunch and Holly sent me a text: "They have bowling at white elephant! $12!"

I turned to my boyfriend and exclaimed, "We gotta go!" So we raced down to the store and met up with Holly. And I got the last bowling set!

Moral of the story: brainstorm with friends, pinterest, and stop everything to get to the best deals.
Here is the adorable bowling set 
                                                                              
There are so many ways to use the bowling in therapy, just add velcro and go! 
Some ideas:
  • Add a sight word on each pin. When the child knocks over the pin they have to identify the word. 
  • Velcro a spelling word to a pin. For each pin that is knocked over, the child has to spell it aloud and then write it on their bowling worksheet. 
  • Use as a fun, non-educational reward for good behavior
I'm planning on using my new set within the next two weeks so I will post more ideas and pictures as I figure out the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment