Sunday, May 19, 2013

Fly Swat Articulation (From Let's Talk Speech Therapy)

This weekend I spent a lot of time doing nothing, like taking naps, eating, reading, and watching TV. Needless to say, when I woke up this morning I knew I needed to buckle down and get some therapy planning done. Since I have gotten progressively lazier since last fall I decided to find my therapy ideas online today. All of my kids tomorrow are working on articulation so it was pretty nice to just find a few activities that can work for all of them. 

Fly Swat Articulation
I saw this activity on teacherspayteachers.com which is one of my favorite sites. If you haven't been there, you should look.  Let's Talk Speech Therapy had "articulation bugs" available for free so I downloaded the blank bugs. Then I found a frog template (also by Let's Talk Speech Therapy). 

                                                
First I cut out everything out and laminated everything. I glued the frog onto a used granola bar box and used a box cutter to cut out his mouth. I also picked up a 99 cent fly swatter from Walgreens. 
To play:
  • Lay the bugs across the floor or table
  • Tell the child that the frog is hungry and needs to eat bugs
  • Have the child pull out a picture from the bag of pictures
  • The child will find the bug whose picture matches and swat it with the fly swatter as he says the target word on the bug
  • Then as he feeds it to the frog, he will include the word into a sentence
The finished project

1 comment: