Sunday, May 19, 2013

Lovely Laminator

mommyspeechtherapy.com
I've gotten a little obsessed with my laminator lately. It's funny because I got it fall semester but didn't even take it out of its box until a few weeks ago. Since I've been doing so much lesson planning lately I've tried to cut down on my paper use. Now that almost everything in my life is laminated, I almost never have to print new things. Today I laminated a huge collection of articulation words. I found great word sets at mommyspeechtherapy.com. These are great because they have both the word and picture for kids that are still not reading. The site has initial, medial, and final positions for words along with sentences, love it!

After printing out all positions and almost all articulation sounds, I laminated and cut them out. Since I'll be using them so often, I printed out each sound 2x just so I'll have enough. I have them stored in plastic baggies based on place and position in word. I printed both large size cards and booklet size cards because you never know what size you will need. Now I can easily tape the words onto activities and then reuse them later. No more wasted paper and ink!


Articulation Bingo
Speaking of taping words onto activities, I also printed off some bingo cards for tomorrow. Once again, I was looking for a way to save paper so I laminated my cards. Then I grabbed my /k/ and /g/ baggies and randomly taped on the words to the bingo cards.
      
To play:
  • Have the child pull a big picture from the bag
  • As he says the target word, he will find the picture on his board
  • Once he has a bingo, he will say all of his bingo line cards to win



No comments:

Post a Comment