Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fireworks in a Bottle

Materials:

  • Soda bottle
  • Vegetable oil
  • Water
  • Alka-Seltzer tablets (thanks Bayley!)
  • Food coloring

So in contrast to Tuesday's experiment "Lava in a Cup" we are going to do "Fireworks in a Bottle." I found this experiment on Mommy-labs.com. This how is it supposed to turn out:

We can only hope that I can actually get it to work today
First, I'll have the child read and follow the instructions. As we are watching the experiment, I'll tell him to remember the lava experiment and be thinking about how this is the same and different. Afterwards, he can fill out his science sheet:


Just like last time, the child can fill out the first, then, finally sections. Then, since we have done a similar experiment, he will compare and contrast at least one part of the experiment. After he is done, I will save the science sheet and add it into his science notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment