Thursday, September 27, 2012

Spinning Top

While I was hurriedly trying to put together a lesson plan yesterday, I was trying to think of other ways to probe past tense -ed. Are you sick of past tense -ed activities yet? Because I sure am. And I'm really sick of probing. It has gotten to the point that I know exactly what I want to work on this semester but I'm required to finish out this week of evaluating/assessing.



Anyway, I decided to use a spinning top game that I saw on pinterest. After class I raced to the White Elephant since they have the best toy selection in town. Of course they had cute old-fashioned spinners. For some reason, I got home and promptly forgot that I was going to do this activity. I think I just got too caught up in failed bouncy balls. Fortunately, I was compiling all my stuff this morning and realized I never planned this activity out.

I just threw together a really quick container for the top to spin in. I found a shoebox lid and taped construction paper to the bottom. Then, using various straight-edged materials, I tried to draw straight lines. Of course I'm impatient and messy so my lines weren't straight and my words turned out crooked. Oh well.

Don't mind the ink smear :)


Here is the plan:

  • Child will spin the top
  • He has to add past tense -ed onto the word the spinner lands on
  • He has to write the new form of the word onto his worksheet
  • Spin again

The lazy worksheet: I'm just so tired, I don't want to design a worksheet!

No comments:

Post a Comment